March 23rd - 25th, 2017
Scroll to the bottom of this page to register and pay.
How do you make progress as an organization and simultaneously empower those you oversee to problem-solve for themselves and reach their own goals?
What is professional coaching?
The International Coaching Federation (www.coachfederation.org) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
Workshop facilitator Mark Buckner will be referencing the C.O.A.C.H. material pioneered by Keith Webb of Creative Results Management, see www.creativeresultsmanagement.com.
Who is facilitating the workshop?
Mark Buckner, currently serving as a staff pastor in charge of coaching and training at Community of Faith Christian Fellowship of Boston (www.cfcfboston.org) and an overseer with the church-growth organization Community of Faith International (www.cfcfboston.org/community- of-faith-international) earned his coaching credentials through Keith Webb’s Creative Results Management (www.creativeresultsmanagement) and is licensed to teach the C.O.A.C.H. approach. He has over thirty years of leadership & team-building experience in both stateside and overseas settings.
Leading the Conference with Mark are:
A mix of tech experience, marketing, leadership and competitive drive Justin Coaxum has held multiple challenging roles in his career. Currently, Justin works full time as a Lead Consultant at a large software company, Justin also helps oversee ministry efforts at Community of Faith Christian Fellowship. Justin is a graduate of the COACH workshop and uses the COACH model to help inspire excellence at his job and with Community of Faith Christian Fellowship.
A lawyer by training, John Clark has several years of diverse business experience. He worked as a strategy consultant before going to law school and opening his own law practice, and, following God’s call on his life, eventually became the Director of Business Operations at Community of Faith International where he oversees all business, legal and HR related matters for the CFI movement of churches. John earned his coaching credentials through Keith Webb’s Creative Results Management (www.creativeresultsmanagement) and uses the COACH model to help guide and inspire others.
What will the general schedule be?
- Thu 3/23, 6.00PM-10 PM (dinner included)
- Fri 3/24, 9AM-5 PM (lunch included)
- Sat 3/25, 9AM-5PM (lunch included)
What is the cost?
$125 including three meals!
Financial assistance is available - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, previous attendees have been able to get the conference covered by their employer, if you want more info, let us know.
What information will be presented?
The C.O.A.C.H. workshop will include the following sessions, each one lasting approximately 90 minutes:
- The Mindset of Transformational Leaders (what is coaching?)
- Listening Actively (creating space for people to learn)
- The C.O.A.C.H. Model (an effective way to empower people in any setting
- Asking Powerful Questions (helping others to think more deeply; asking questions that provoke discovery)
- Speaking the Truth with Grace (how to help others overcome blind spots)
- Designing Actions (helping others explore many options)
- Following Up (learning from experiences)
- Coaching (integrating all the skills)
- Supporting Progress (applying critical learning)
- Coaching Practice Sessions
What can I expect to learn and be able to do as a result of my participation?
As a result of your active participation in this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize the value of a coaching approach to empower individuals
- Understand the benefits of non-directive leadership
- Adopt a developmental mindset regardless of position or role
- Understand how coaching is different from counseling, mentoring, and consulting
- Use a coaching approach practically in your sphere of influence
- Demonstrate the use of coaching skills in a variety of situations
- Memorize several coaching models and question sets
- Enjoy a level of confidence in applying the coaching approach
- Employ coaching skills during the training
- Create a plan for implementation of coaching approaches in your sphere of influence
- Understand the effectiveness of peer coaching
Where is the workshop located?
The River Church, 17 Spruce St. Waltham, MA 02453 (www.theriverwaltham.org)
How do I register?
Please purchase and read this book (before attending if possible). The COACH Model
You can register online here: Online Registration Form, and
Pay Here: Online Payment Form (Choose "Conferences & Retreats" - the cost is $125)